In “The Little Book of Common Sense Investing,” author and investment guru John Bogle offers a simple yet powerful approach to investing that has been proven to deliver long-term results.
Through a combination of straightforward advice, historical analysis, and real-world examples, Bogle shows readers how to minimize costs, avoid unnecessary risks, and build a diversified portfolio that is designed to weather market ups and downs.
In this review, we’ll provide a summary and analysis of some of the key ideas from the book, as well as offer our thoughts on its value for investors.
Keep reading for more!!
Buy a Copy of The Book on Amazon Now!!
The Little Book of Common Sense Investing is a great book for those who are new to investing. It covers the basics of investing in a simple and easy to understand way.
It is no secret that a lot of people do not have the best track record when it comes to retirement investing. In fact, many people seem to make the same mistakes over and over again. This is why I believe that everyone should read The Little Book of Common Sense Investing.
The book is written by John C. Bogle, the founder of Vanguard. Bogle has a lot of experience in the world of investing, and he knows what he is talking about. The book is full of useful information that can help anyone become a better investor.
First and foremost, it provides a clear and concise explanation of the benefits of investing in the broad stock market index. Secondly, the book offers sound, practical advice on how to choose which stocks to invest in within your stock market portfolio. For retirees, he advises a group of dividend paying stocks with a health dividend yield.
One of the things I like about the book is that it is not full of technical jargon. Bogle does a great job of explaining investing concepts in simple terms. This makes the book accessible to people who are not experts on the subject. Bogle believes everyone should have their fair of the stock market.
Another thing I like about the book is that it provides a clear and concise roadmap for how to be a successful investor. Bogle lays out a few key principles that, if followed, will help anyone achieve a more efficient investment strategy.
Overall, I believe that The Little Book of Common Sense Investing is a great resource for anyone who is looking for a formula for investment success and investment principles. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for straightforward advice on how to be an expert investor.
Summary of The Little Book of Common Sense Investing Book
The Little Book of Common Sense Investing is a book written by John C. Bogle. In this book, Bogle advocates for a simple and practical approach to investing in the stock market. He believes that the average investor should focus on buying and holding a diversified portfolio of ultra-low-cost index funds, and that they should avoid actively managed funds and other investment managers that charge high fees.
Bogle’s warnings about investment fads impact on investment costs has been successful in the long run, and has helped many investors achieve their financial goals.
Don’t look for the needle in the haystack. Just buy the haystack!The Little Book of Common Sense Investing Quotes
Who Is The Book For? Investors Fair Share of the Stock Market & Funds
- Wall Street guru, mutual fund industry veteran and head of the Vanguard Group, Bogle’s best selling investing bible offers new information and focuses on a classic index fund to guarantee your fair share of S&P 500 stock market returns(or the entire market).
- The book is for people who are interested in the stock market, but who want to do so in a sensible way based on market valuations and realistic market expectations.
- It is for people who want to build a long-term, diversified portfolio that will provide them with a good return over time. He focuses on dividend returns to produce a healthy dividend yield for those seeking income.
- It is for people who are willing to put in the time and effort to learn about art of investing, and who are willing to stick to an efficient investment strategy.
- The book is full of wisdom and common sense, typical advice on how to be a successful investor. The book is geared towards providing guidance to investors – those who are new to investing, but it is also full of key valuable in-depth insights for experienced investors as well.
- Bogle lays out a simple investment vs speculation strategy for long term investments that has been proven to work over time.
- He advocates for lowering the costs of investing in a diversified investment portfolio of low-cost index funds, and he shows readers how to do this in a simple and straightforward way with investment success.
Our independent research projects and impartial reviews are funded in part by affiliate commissions, at no extra cost to our readers. Learn more
Buy a Copy of The Book Now
The expectations market is about speculation. The real market is about investing. The stock market, then, is a giant distraction to the business of investing.The Little Book of Common Sense Investing Quotes
Who Is The Best-Selling “Bible of Investing” Not For?
- There are certain people who should not read it, and there are certain people who are not for it.
- First of all, the book is not for people who are looking for get-rich-quick schemes.
- It is not for those who do not have an interest in the art investing or who are not willing to take the time to learn about retirement investing. Also known as dumb money…
- It is not for people who are looking for tips on how to make a lot of money in the stock market.
- It is not for people who are looking for a magic formula to beat the market.
- It is also not for those who are not willing to accept that there is risk involved in investing. The book is also not for people who are against investing in the stock market.
- It is not for people who think that the stock market is a scam. It is not for people who think that stock market investing is a waste of time.
Too often, the market causes investors to focus on the transitory and volatile short-term expectations, rather than what is really important – the gradual accumulation of the returns earned by corporate businesses.
The Little Book of Common Sense Investing Quotes
Book in Bullet Points – Money, Investments, and Advice on Successful Investing
The book is written by John C. Bogle. In it, money expert Bogle outlines his investment philosophy, which is based on the idea that index investing is the best way to achieve long-term success in the stock market.
Some of the key takeaways from the book include:
- Legendary mutual fund pioneer John C Bogle reveals his key strategy for a path to substantial wealth in his classic guide; long term buy and hold investing in low cost index funds to guarantee your fair share of the stock market returns
- Investing is not about beating the market, it’s about capturing the market’s return
- The best way to achieve this is through index investing
- Index investing is a passive investing strategy that involves investing in a basket of stocks that track a particular market index
- Index investing has outperformed actively managed funds over the long term
- Index funds are lower cost than actively managed funds – Bogle had long been a big advocate for the cheapest index funds.
- Index funds are more tax efficient than actively managed funds
- Individual investors should have a diversified portfolio that is allocated according to their risk tolerance
- Rebalancing your portfolio is important in order to keep your asset allocation in line with your goals
- Investing is a long-term game and patience is key
- Successful investing requires discipline and a willingness to stick to your plan
Book The Little Book of Common Sense Investing Review
There are a lot of investing books out there. Some are good, some are bad, and some are just downright terrible. But there is one book that stands out above the rest, and that book is The Little Book of Common Sense Investing by John C. Bogle.
This book is different than other investing books because it takes a very simple approach to the art of investing. It is not a get-rich-quick scheme or a how-to guide on becoming a day trader. Instead, it is a book that simply lays out the basic principles of investing and how to build a solid portfolio that will last a lifetime.
One of the things I like most about this book is that it is not afraid to tell you when you are doing something wrong.
For example, in the chapter on diversification, money expert Bogle points out that many investors diversify their portfolios by investing in a bunch of different mutual funds. However, he goes on to say that this is actually the wrong way to diversify, and that the best way to diversify is to invest in a handful of different asset classes.
Another thing I like about this book is that it does not try to sell you on any one particular investment strategy. Instead, it simply provides you with the information you need to make an informed decision about your investments, with or without an investment advisor.
Overall, I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a simple, straightforward guide to investing. It is a great resource for both beginners
Ways to Buy & Read
- Click here to buy on Amazon The Little Book of Common Sense Investing hardcover or paperback version, audiobook, or on Kindle.
- You can buy the book at a local Barnes and Nobles, if you still have one around
- If you are tight on cash, or don’t want to own a copy of the book there are a few options for you:
- Buy the book and resell it on Amazon or Ebay to get a good portion of your money back after you have read it. This is a great option, because if you like the book – you can keep it.
- Get The Little Book of Common Sense Investing at the library. Depending on your library, you may be able to
- get the actual book
- download the audiobook for free
- or you can download a pdf of The Little Book of Common Sense Investing free
- I understand many people are looking for a free way to download the audiobook or pdf of The Little Book of Common Sense Investing for free. And if you are determined, you can probably do so. But please support the authors and either buy the book, or go through the local library if you need a free download pdf of The Little Book of Common Sense Investing
In conclusion, “The Little Book of Common Sense Investing” by John Bogle is a valuable resource for anyone looking to improve their investment results. Through a mix of straightforward advice, historical analysis, and real-world examples, Bogle provides a clear and effective roadmap for building a solid investment portfolio.
Whether you’re a beginner looking for guidance on where to start, or an experienced investor looking to fine-tune your strategy, this book is worth checking out.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Revolutionize Your Finances & Invest in Yourself Today
Ready to take charge of your finances? Subscribe now for expert advice and gain financial knowledge!
If you have made it this far – you probably appreciated the above article. As a thank you, please help me by:
- Sharing the article with your friends on social media – and like and follow us there as well.
- Sign up for the FREE personal finance newsletter, and never miss anything again.
- Take a look around the site for other articles that you may enjoy.
Note: The content provided in this article is for informational purposes only and should not be considered as financial or legal advice. Consult with a professional advisor or accountant for personalized guidance.